- Product Name：Ethephon
- Product Specifications：85% TC ; 40% ,25% ?8%AS
- Active ingredient content：48% 75% 85% 90%
- Packing：25kg/drum,100cc,200cc, /bottle
- Safety measures：…
- For crops：…
- Quality warranty：…
- Technical Data Sheet：Ethephon.pdf
Molecular Formula: C2H6ClO3P
Physics and chemical properties:
Appearance: colorless solid;
Melting point: 74 – 75℃;
Vapor pressure: c. 265℃ (decomp.);
Boiling point range: <0.01mPa (20℃); S.g./density: 1.409?.02 (20℃, tech.);
1) Readily soluble in water, methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, acetone, diethyl ether,
and other polar organic solvents;
2) Sparingly soluble in non-polar organic solvents such as benzene and toluene;
3) Insoluble in kerosene and diesel oil;
Stability: stable in aqueous solutions having pH <5; at higher pH, decomposition occurs with the liberation of ethylene; Sensitive to UV irradiation.
It is a kind of plant growth regulator with systemic properties, Ethephon penetrates
plant tissue and is decomposed to ethylene; which affects growth processes.
Its uses as below:
1) To accelerate ripening of fruit, tomatoes, sugar beet, coffee, etc.
2) To increase the tillering of wheat and rice
3) To prevent lodging in rice, maize and flax
4) To accelerate boll opening and defoliation in cotton
5) To hasten the yellowing of mature tobacco leaves
6) To stimulate latex flow in rubber trees, and resin flow in pine trees
7) To stimulate early uniform hull split in walnuts, etc.